TODAY, March 1st marks the unofficial birthday of Ava, my best friend.
Ava, being the special little cherub she is, graced us on February 29th 2012, meaning she’s a leap year baby! Last year was her first official birthday, but when greeted ‘Happy first birthday’ she was furious…
“I’m not one, I’m four!” were the sentiments yelled on that day.
Today, Ava is at school, where she gets to sit on the ‘birthday chair’… Sounds kinda funky, where can I get one? And after school, we’ll party until late… like… 7ish?
The official point of this post is to celebrate the special beast that is my niece on her special day, and celebrate why she is legit the best friend you could possibly have.
Why is she the bestest friend one could possibly have?
- She is one of the only people I know who actually acts their age
- She comes out with the funniest things ever
- She’s always a ray of sunshine super early in the morning – Surround yourself with positivity people!
- You get to see the world through her eyes, and it’s really special
- She’s got a great appetite… Sometimes people my age don’t want dessert, but I certainly do.
- She makes really cool things, for example, this weekend just gone, she painted me a canvas with a giraffe on it, and it’s the best thing since sliced bread, and I really enjoy sliced bread, so that’s a bold statement.
- She’s really clever, and helping her on her learning journey through life is truly amazing! Seeing her get smarter every day is brilliant!
- She’s got a heart of gold – She loves everyone, and everything!
- She’s creative!
- She thinks I’m really cool.
These are just some of the things that make her the bestest friend possible. I bet you, that if you put these qualities against those of your best friend, your friend will be the inferior one in this equation.
I hope Ava reads this in a few short years and realises just how cool, special and loved she is!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY KEVIN, YOU WONDERFUL LITTLE GIRL!
I LOVE YOU SOOOOOOO MUCH
AUNTIE AMBER XOXOX
A SPECIAL NOTE FOR AVA…
I’m sure mummy or daddy are reading this to you, or if it’s me, hello,
I hope you have the best birthday ever, and enjoy your sweets, cake, and presents!
I’m really proud of you!